Monday, May 13, 2019

The Heavenly Throne Room

Sunday I focused on the second reading, from the Book of Revelation. I picked up a theme from two weeks ago: heavenly worship of God through, and alongside, the Lamb. I didn't mention it in the homily, but this with-but-through paradox of Trinitarian worship fits well with the Gospel too:
                                      John 10   →   Revelation 
1) "I give them eternal life" → "you purchased them with your blood"
2) "I know them; them follow me" → "the Lamb will shepherd them; they worship before the throne"
3) "The Father and I are one" → "to the One on the throne and to the Lamb, be blessing, honor, glory, and might."

Yes, we worship Jesus and God-incarnate, and yet Jesus leads us in worship of the Father.



No comments:

Post a Comment