Tuesday, March 1, 2016

MOPS Talk on the Sabbath

The MOPS group (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) in Minden invited me to give a talk on Keeping Holy the Sabbath. I had made a joke at the beginning that I may talk a little too fast and that that is even what I had named this blog. They chuckled, I told myself to go slow, and then ended up going about as fast as I can remember in any talk recently. Maybe knowing they were tired moms made me subconsciously think I needed to go quickly? Who knows.

Content note: At the beginning of the talk I told the story of the ancient martyrs of Abitene who proclaimed "We cannot live without Sunday!" I messed up a few details. I got a few names jumbled as I was trying to read some of the detail bits off my phone as I went. If you want to read the whole (accurate) story click here.

And here is the audio of the talk itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment